Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, July 13, 2012

My heart will go on

Went to cardiology for follow up on Wednesday after admitted to A&E last Thursday. In my mind I always think that it is usually a long wait even appointment is made, so we went to have some snacks after registration, but this move resulted me to miss my queue number instead. Even though not really on time, but it doesn't differ that much! So next time I shouldn't run around huh...

I was quite panic actually on my way to the department as it sounds serious to see a cardiologist. The department is located in level 5, i took a lift up with others and they exited the lift at either level 3 or 4, and dumped me alone to go up to level 5, (dear dropped me at the drop-off point before he went carpark) it makes me even nervous and I really wonder what goes wrong with my heart! It seems I'm the youngest patient in that department and the question popped out again, 'what happen to me???'

So what's really going on? After I told doctor about my situation and after he reviewed the report, as usual, he told us some terms that we will never understand (I think I can be a doctor also if I understand those 'chim' words), but I guessed he expect us can't understand as well so in simple, he said, it's a short circuit. He drafted a heart, explained that on top part of our heart there is something call 'battery' which send current down to to the heart and when it reach middle part of the heart the current will split and flow to left and right side of the heart. It's a one way route, that's the normal flow. But for my case, when it reach to the middle, some current flow down to left and right as usual but some flow backwards. It's becomes 2 way, it messed up the route, and resulted in short circuit.

Next question, why it will happen? Of course I will ask this but doctor just said, 'you're born with it!' Huh!!! Ok, other than accept the fact, what else can I do??

And solution? According to cardiologist, I can opt for a minor surgery to be done. And after the surgery I have to be hospitalised for 1 day to monitor the situation. According to him, the surgery is done using a scope to find the faulty part in the heart and 95% of the patients who did it managed to find the fault and fixed it, however, 5% of the unlucky group have to rely on medicine for life! But he assured, there is no risk for the surgery. You either find it and fix it or can't find it and take medicine. Just pray hard that I'm the lucky one.

But before that, I have to go through a test called ' transthoracic echocardiography' first. It is mainly using ultrasound waves to see the heart frequency which we can't hear nor feel. This will be done at end of August and will have to see doctor again 2 weeks later and then arrange for the surgery. So, I bet my heart issue can only be solved by end of September the earliest! (and pray hard that God put me in the lucky group, I really don't want to rely on medicine for the rest of my life!)

So, please pray hard for me as well!!! But, don't worry, it's not a big big issue, it's just... short circuit, doctor said it won't cause death, the worst, collapse!!! Haha... my heart will go on!!!


*Note: I was admitted to A&E at Khoo Teck Puat Hospital last Thursday as it is the nearest hospital from my place. It's my first time there, the environment of the hospital is super nice! When I went to cardiology department that day, I even can have lake view outside the department! For your information, it's just a government hospital! Don't know when will this kind of hospital appear in Malaysia???

No comments:

Post a Comment